Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe while looking for recipes for ZWT-Spain - this is served either as tapas, or in larger portions for lunch or dinner. You can substitute cheddar, Monterey jack, or mozzarella for the manchego cheese.
- 1⁄2 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄3 cup manchego cheese, grated
- 8 medium eggs, beaten
- lemon juice
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Wash the asparagus and trim them into 1-inch pieces. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add the asparagus pieces. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Drain the asparagus and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over low heat in a 12-inch skillet. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until tender. Stir in the asparagus, salt, pepper, and grated cheese.
- Reduce the heatt to low and pour the beaten eggs into the skillet. Do not stir the mixture. Cook, covered, until the omelette sets, around 15 to 20 minutes. Slice into four portions and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Garnish with sliced tomato and serve.
I had this for lunch and delicious! I used frozen baby asparagus (i find EB's better than the woody fresh right now) and subbed cheddar for the cheese.