Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
You can also use canned asparagus tips. But like all things, fresh is always best.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, bring asparagus and 2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat to shimmer and allow asparagus to cook until tender. Drain and rinse asparagus in warm water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with salt and 1/3 cup of water.
- For each omelette (this recipe should make 4)do the following:.
- Prepare a medium skillet or frying pan at medium heat with a teaspoon of melted butter. Pour 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into the pan. Cook until egg is set, occasionally lifting the edges of the omelette to allow one more egg to cook. On one half of the omelette, sprinkle 1/4 cup of Swiss chesse. Top cheese with 1/4 cup of asparagus. Fold the omelet over. Allow to cook 1 more minute. Slide omelette onto serving plate. Sprinkle with salt amd pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley.