Asparagus Omelets With Goat Cheese - Healthy, South Beach Diet,
- In medium bow, whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in scallions, thyme, parsley, pepper and salt.
- Place asparagus and water in large microwaveable bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high power for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Stop and stire after 2 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and add to egg mixture.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet coated wtih cooking spray over medium heat. Pour one-quarter of egg mixture into skillet, allowing it to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bottom just begins to set. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of cheese. Add one-quarter of asparagus pieces. Cook for 5 minutes, or until eggs are almost set.
- Using a large spatula, fold the omelet in half. Cook for 3 minutes or until omelet is golden and cheese is melted. Turn onto a plate and keep warm.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and repeat process with remaining ingredients to make 3 more omelets. Garnish with chives.