Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
South Beach Diet - Phase 1
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons crumbed reduced-fat goat cheese
- chives, for garnish
- In medium bow, whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in scallions, thyme, parsley, pepper and salt.
- Place asparagus and water in large microwaveable bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high power for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Stop and stire after 2 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and add to egg mixture.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet coated wtih cooking spray over medium heat. Pour one-quarter of egg mixture into skillet, allowing it to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bottom just begins to set. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of cheese. Add one-quarter of asparagus pieces. Cook for 5 minutes, or until eggs are almost set.
- Using a large spatula, fold the omelet in half. Cook for 3 minutes or until omelet is golden and cheese is melted. Turn onto a plate and keep warm.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and repeat process with remaining ingredients to make 3 more omelets. Garnish with chives.