1/2 Photos of Asparagus Omelet W/Shrimp Hollandaise Sauce (For Andi)
This recipe has been posted for Andi of LMF & her garden-rich supply of asparagus. I found it in THE BEST OF COOKING by Arne Kruger & Annette Wolter & immediately thot of her. This is worthy of a spec breakfast or brunch occasion, but can also be served as a main dish when combined w/a green salad. I esp want to thank *PaulaG* for her kind permission to include her Blender Hollandaise Sauce as part of this recipe. It was so perfect for it! *Enjoy*
My Private Note
Split O ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water (may use milk or cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 -10 fresh asparagus spears (well-trimmed & cooked till crisp tender, may sub canned)
FOR SHRIMP HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- 1FOR SAUCE - Place egg yolks, lemon juice & pepper in blender container & blend till lemon-colored.
- 2Turn blender to high & very slowly add butter. Blend till thick (about 30 seconds). Pour sauce into top of a dbl boiler, stir in baby shrimp & set aside.
- 3FOR OMELETS - Whisk eggs w/water, salt & pepper till well-mixed. Melt 1 tbsp butter in an omelet pan or suitable non-stick skillet.
- 4Pour in half the egg mixture & cook, lifting the edge of the omelet to let the egg mixture run onto the pan.
- 5When the omelet is well-set, gently slide the omelet onto a plate, place 4-5 asparagus spears in the center, fold over & keep warm while you prepare the 2nd omelet in the same way. (Secure omelets w/a wooden cocktail pick as desired).
- 6TO SERVE - Heat shrimp hollandaise sauce slowly in top of dbl boiler over hot water, spoon sauce over omelets, sprinkle w/parsley if using & serve immediately.
- 7NOTE - My only issue w/this recipe was the yield. These are lrg omelets & the recipe stated it served 2. However, if you serve w/bread, fruit or other breakfast/brunch item, this recipe definitely serves 4 IMO.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Omelet W/Shrimp Hollandaise Sauce (For Andi)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.4
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 498.0 mg
- Sodium 927.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 18.1 g