1/2 Photos of Asparagus Omelet
Simple and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb thin asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed or 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil (fresh preferred)
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Cut trimmed asparagus in 1 inch pieces; cook in boiling salted water until tender, about 4 minutes.
- 2Drain thoroughly.
- 3Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 8 inch skillet, preferably one with non-stick lining, and saute garlic and mushrooms until done and moisture has evaporated.
- 4Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 5In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, basil, and pepper.
- 6Melt remaining butter in skillet until foamy, swirling it around pan to coat evenly.
- 7When hot enough that a drop of water sizzles when dropped in, pour in egg mixture.
- 8Tip pan so eggs coat skillet evenly.
- 9As eggs cook, periodically lift up cooked edges, tilt pan and let uncooked egg run underneath.
- 10When eggs are cooked, but surface is still shiny, place asparagus and mushrooms on one side; slide out of pan, folding side without vegetables over top.
- 11Serve immediately.
- 12Also good sprinkled with a bit of grated Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 455.6 mg
- Sodium 541.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 19.5 g