Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe I always include on my "Greek Night" gatherings
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1 pinch oregano (optional)
- Wash asparagus and snap off dry ends.
- Place asparagus in frying pan and saute in salted water until just tender. Reserve cooking liquid and set asparagus aside in covered serving dish to keep warm.
- In same frying pan, saute garlic in oil until tender but not brown.
- Add 1/3 C liquid from cooked asparagus, well-beaten egg and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Add pepper and salt if needed and, if wanted, a pinch of oregano.
- Pour over hot asparagus and serve.