Recipe by KateL
Entered for ZWT. By Neil Perry, "Fresh and Fast". King Prawns are 15 count and under; equivalent in size to Colossal Shrimp. Taggiasca olives are small and deep red, tasting sweet and mild, grown in Liguria. I don't know your family, but mine would lynch me if they only got one prawn; for them, I would do better with more of the 30-count shrimp. But this salad is technically a side dish, not an entree. Preserved lemons require at least 5 days if you don't already have some on hand.
- 10 large green king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 bunches green asparagus, trimmed
- 2 preserved lemons, finely chopped (Preserved Lemons #16603 can be ready in 5 days)
- 2 tablespoons salty baby capers, soaked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup large green olives
- 1⁄2 cup ligurian olives or 1⁄2 cup taggiasca olive
- 2 lemons, juiced
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the asparagus in plenty of boiling salted water, drain and refresh.
- Heat the BBQ to medium-high and grill the prawns till golden.
- Toss the asparagus spears with the preserved lemon, capers, olives, lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
- Arrange the asparagus in a large bowl and serve with the prawns.