1/1 Photo of Asparagus Negimaki (Japanese Beef Rolls)
Asparagus and beef roll, seasoned with teriyaki sauce, and grilled. An extremely simple dish to prepare which makes an elegant presentation as an appetizer; it also works well as the main dish served over steaming white rice.
My Private Note
beef ro ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill pan until hot; bring salted water to a boil over medium high heat in a saucepan.
- 2Blanch asparagus spears for 1 minute; drain and plunge in an ice water bath to stop cooking.
- 3In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, sugar, mirin (or dry sherry), ginger, and garlic; heat over medium heat until reduced and slightly thickened; set aside to cool.
- 4Cut green onions in fourths, lengthwise, so you have long strips.
- 5Slice beef in 1/4 inch slices, then pound to tenderize and thin out.
- 6Dip beef slice in soy sauce mixture and place on a clean work surface; season with pepper.
- 7Place an asparagus spear and a piece of green onion on the beef slice and roll up.
- 8Do the same with the remaining asparagus and beef.
- 9Grill beef rolls about 2 minutes until slightly charred and medium rare. Turn several times and brush with soy sauce mixture.
- 10Remove to a serving platter and drizzle generously with soy sauce mixture.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Negimaki (Japanese Beef Rolls)
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 1469.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 26.6 g