Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Cooking for 2. I double the recipe since there are 4 of us :) We really like this.
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok; stir-fry shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the asparagus, mushrooms, tomato, garlic and onion in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add wine or broth, basil, oregano, parsley and thyme.
- Return shrimp to the pan. Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I liked this pasta...mainly because it had shrimp and asparagus in it. I followed the recipe to the letter except in the end, I didn't have Parmesan cheese (like I thought I did) so had to do without. Wish I had gone with the chicken broth now as the wine seemed to overpower the dish a bit for my taste. May try this again with the Parmesan. Sorry, bmcnichol, wish I could give it a higher rating.