Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a quick and easy dish that could be served any night of the week. It is also elegant enough to be served at a dinner party. I think the flavor combination of asparagus and mushrooms best accompanies beef, but you could serve with any meat of your choice. This dish could also be served over brown or white rice as a main dish vegan alternative (Note: This would reduce the number of servings from four to two).
- 1 lb asparagus, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare asparagus, snap off the fibrous end of each spear and slice each diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until glistening.
- Add all ingredients to skillet; toss to combine.
- Cover skillet and saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until asparagus and mushrooms are tender. (Note: We like our asparagus crisp. If you prefer a more tender texture, cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.).
- Serve immediately.