Recipe by Jan Marie
We have made this in the past with green beans but my daughter doesn't like "squeeky foods" so we substitued asparagus. The flavor combinations make a great side dish and a nice alternative way to cook asparagus.
Top Review by Mia Bella
I have to admit, I had never cooked anything with leeks in it and was afraid this might not fit our taste buds. I was pleasantly surprised! This is so good! The directions were easy to follow and we didn't change a thing.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 -3 cups mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 leek, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté bacon. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add olive oil (optional).
- Clean, stem and slice mushrooms.
- Clean leeks, slice into small slices, separating the rings. Discard the dark green end.
- Sauté mushrooms and leeks in bacon fat/olive oil until mushrooms are slightly done. Don't overcook.
- Cut asparagus into bite size pieces, discarding the tough ends.
- Blanch asparagus in hot boiling water until slightly crunchy. Don’t overcook.
- Combine asparagus, bacon, mushrooms and leeks in fry pan.
- Add salt/pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Enjoy.