1/1 Photo of Asparagus-Mushroom-Leek Sauté
Jan Marie's Note:
We have made this in the past with green beans but my daughter doesn't like "squeeky foods" so we substitued asparagus. The flavor combinations make a great side dish and a nice alternative way to cook asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté bacon. Set aside.
- 2Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- 3Add olive oil (optional).
- 4Clean, stem and slice mushrooms.
- 5Clean leeks, slice into small slices, separating the rings. Discard the dark green end.
- 6Sauté mushrooms and leeks in bacon fat/olive oil until mushrooms are slightly done. Don't overcook.
- 7Cut asparagus into bite size pieces, discarding the tough ends.
- 8Blanch asparagus in hot boiling water until slightly crunchy. Don’t overcook.
- 9Combine asparagus, bacon, mushrooms and leeks in fry pan.
- 10Add salt/pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus-Mushroom-Leek Sauté
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 401.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g