Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We have made this in the past with green beans but my daughter doesn't like "squeeky foods" so we substitued asparagus. The flavor combinations make a great side dish and a nice alternative way to cook asparagus.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 -3 cups mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 leek, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Sauté bacon. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add olive oil (optional).
- Clean, stem and slice mushrooms.
- Clean leeks, slice into small slices, separating the rings. Discard the dark green end.
- Sauté mushrooms and leeks in bacon fat/olive oil until mushrooms are slightly done. Don't overcook.
- Cut asparagus into bite size pieces, discarding the tough ends.
- Blanch asparagus in hot boiling water until slightly crunchy. Don’t overcook.
- Combine asparagus, bacon, mushrooms and leeks in fry pan.
- Add salt/pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Enjoy.
I have to admit, I had never cooked anything with leeks in it and was afraid this might not fit our taste buds. I was pleasantly surprised! This is so good! The directions were easy to follow and we didn't change a thing.
DELICIOUS!! I could of eaten the whole dish at one sitting. I was looking for a way to use up some mushrooms and picked this. Boy, am I glad that I did. I will be making this often, to serve as a side this summer when we barbeque. Thank you for posting this recipe.