This sandwich is served at the famed Zingerman's Deli where it is called, "Rodger's Big Picnic".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To roast the asparagus: Preheat the oven to 450°F and place the stalks in a single layer in a small roasting pan. Toss lightly with a little olive oil and sea salt. Turn occasionally for about 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown and tender in the middle.
- 2Spread each slice of bread to the edge with a little over a half ounce of the mustard.
- 3Top one slice with the roasted asparagus, grilled mushroom, and sliced cheddar. Close the sandwich and lightly brush the outside of each slice with olive oil.
- 4Place the sandwich in a hot skillet and grill each side for 2 to 4 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown—just long enough to grill the bread, but not melt the cheese. Cut in half diagonally and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus & Mushroom Cheese Melt
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 951.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 23.1 g