Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Truly outstanding! Try this omelet if you want something a bit different than the usual, you will be glad you did. Tip: I use frozen asparagus spears that I lightly steam along with the fresh mushrooms in the microwave.
- 2 -3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 -4 asparagus spears, lightly steamed
- 1 -2 italian brown button mushroom, in 1/4-inch thick slices, lightly steamed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
- Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat for a minute or two, until hot.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the butter, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk together the eggs with the water and the pepper.
- When butter is melted and sizzling, pour the egg mixture all at once into the pan.
- Place the asparagus in one layer over the eggs, and place the sliced mushrooms down the center, sprinkle evenly with thyme.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, until omelet is almost completely set.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cheese, cover pan, and continue to cook over low heat for another minute or two, until cheese is melted and omelet is set.
- Off the heat, and use a wide spatula to carefully fold omelet in half.
- Gently slide omelet out of the pan and onto a warmed plate. Drizzle with any remaining melted butter in the pan.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Tried it a couple days ago and ABOSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! It was great thank you for sharing BecR!!