Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy breakfast or light dinner. Great flavor combination.
- 2 stalks asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄16 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Steam the asparagus just until tender-crisp (3-5 minutes); drain.
- Sauté mushrooms & garlic in reserved bacon grease until cooked and moisture has evaporated (about 2 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper until completely blended.
- Coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat until just hot enough to sizzle when a drop of water is added; pour in the egg mixture.
- With an inverted pancake turner, lift the edges as the mixture begins to set to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- When the top is set, fill one half of the omelet with the asparagus, mushrooms, bacon, and cheese.
- With the pancake turner, fold the omelet in half over the filling.
- Slide onto a plate, and serve.