Recipe by CIndytc
I got this recipe out of my new Taste of Home magazine. I made it and it is a great summer salad... I used Brownwood Farsm Kreame Mustard instead of Dijon Mustard.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large suacepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil.
- To make Dressing:.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic salt and mustard and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Drizzle with lemon juice. Chill until serving.