Recipe by Mr.Chef I Am
I like the way all the different textures and flavors pop in your mouth.
Top Review by Manami
Hi There, made this the other night and the residents kept asking what it was! They ate every bit that was on their plates! So, we decided to put it on their "menu" once every couple of weeks. I am very happy that we could share in this cook-a-thon! We will serve it in "Cafe Ponce", our new in-house restaurant which has an a la carte menu and the special of the day is what is served to the rest of the home!! However, instead of almond extract - I just added the nuts. Thanks so much for sharing, Diane :)
You will Need
- 1 (6 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup almonds
- 6 ounces canned asparagus (reserve the juice)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip juice into cream cheese.
- add mayo and WELL mashed asparagus.
- Set aside.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and cool.
- When cool combine with other indgredients.
- Add almond extract and almonds.
- Pour into 9x13 pan and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.