Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great way to serve asparagus. I can't remember where I got the recipe but I always make this when fresh asparagus is in season.
- In large skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Arrange spears in bottom of greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish; set aside and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to boil over medium heat. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Broil 6 inches from heat until lightly browned about 3-5 minutes.
Really good, rich and creamy. I usually roast asparagus and this was a nice change. An added bonus, my 7 year-old, who wouldn't dream of eating asparagus, loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!