1/1 Photo of Asparagus Mornay
This is a great way to serve asparagus. I can't remember where I got the recipe but I always make this when fresh asparagus is in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain.
- 2Arrange spears in bottom of greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish; set aside and keep warm.
- 3In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to boil over medium heat. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- 5Broil 6 inches from heat until lightly browned about 3-5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Mornay
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g