Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious way to serve a cold asparagus salad...and it looks good, too!
- 1587.57 g fresh asparagus
- 44.37 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 4.92 ml dried tarragon
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 19.71 ml Dijon mustard
- 177.44 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Trim asparagus ends. Steam asparagus for 5 minutes. Drain and plunge in iced water to stop cooking and keep green color. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together chives, tarragon, basil, shallots, salt, pepper and vinegar. While whisking pour olive oil in slowly. Mix until smooth. Chill for at least an hour for flavors to blend.
- Lay cooled asparagus on a round serving platter in a spiral fashion. Drizzle vinaigrette evenly over asparagus.
- Mix parsley and eggs, sprinkle over the center of asparagus spears. Chill before serving.