Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious way to serve a cold asparagus salad...and it looks good, too!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Trim asparagus ends. Steam asparagus for 5 minutes. Drain and plunge in iced water to stop cooking and keep green color. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together chives, tarragon, basil, shallots, salt, pepper and vinegar. While whisking pour olive oil in slowly. Mix until smooth. Chill for at least an hour for flavors to blend.
- Lay cooled asparagus on a round serving platter in a spiral fashion. Drizzle vinaigrette evenly over asparagus.
- Mix parsley and eggs, sprinkle over the center of asparagus spears. Chill before serving.