Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very good spring and summer salad using your favorite salad dressing. The Recipe comes from a local TV station submitted for the Asparagus festival in Stockton, CA.
- 1 lb asparagus, cut on diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup celery, cut on diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, roasted
- white pepper
- 12 2⁄3 ounces of your favorite salad dressing
- Snap off ends of asparagus and cut on the diagonal and blanch (add asparagus to boiling water and cook until just tender,while still maintaining bright color. Then remove, drain and IMMEDIATELY immerse into a bath of COLD water and ICE).
- Prepare vegetables and grapes and then toss together with dressing.
- Season to taste and top with roasted almonds.
Very nice salad which we enjoyed with Raspberry vinegarette dressing. We used the skinny asparagus for this salad which was very good with the other ingredients. Next time I will use fresh orange sections instead of the canned mandarin oranges with ranch dressing. Thanks for sharing!