My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the asparagus spears to the same length, leaving about 3 inches before the green part begins.
- 2Lay them on a piece of folded foil wide enough to support the spears during cooking and long enough to extend at each end to form'lifters'.
- 3Pierce the centre of the foil strip.
- 4Place the asparagus on the foil in a wide shallow pan and pour over lightly salted water just to cover.
- 5Bring to the boil then cook gently for about 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears, or until tender but not broken.
- 6Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and toss over a moderate heat until golden brown.
- 7Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and egg yolk.
- 8Season to taste and keep hot.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Mamooshka
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 213.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g