Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 hard egg yolk, mashed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- melted butter, to serve
- Trim the asparagus spears to the same length, leaving about 3 inches before the green part begins.
- Lay them on a piece of folded foil wide enough to support the spears during cooking and long enough to extend at each end to form'lifters'.
- Pierce the centre of the foil strip.
- Place the asparagus on the foil in a wide shallow pan and pour over lightly salted water just to cover.
- Bring to the boil then cook gently for about 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears, or until tender but not broken.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and toss over a moderate heat until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and egg yolk.
- Season to taste and keep hot.
I liked this it was very good, ive never cared for asparagus,mainly cause i never had it fresh until now