Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I'm posting the recipe that I 'lightened' up..it did call for whipping cream. I also use dairy case pastry (I hate making pie crust lol).
- 1 pie crust
- 3⁄4 lb thin asparagus, cut into 6 inch spears
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb leek, chopped white part only
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fit pre made pie crust into a 9 inch tart pan, with removal bottom (if you use the crusts that come rolled -- usually don't have to roll out creases).
- Press pastry into sides of pan, put into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Blind bake for 15 to 17 minutes until crust is golden, cool completely.
- Spread asparagus on a large jellyroll pan; spray with cooking spray and shake to get all sides, sprinkle with salt, roast until tender about 10 minutes.
- Cool and transfer to a plate.
- In a large skillet over med heat, melt butter. Add leeks, dill and salt (optional) cover and cook over med low heat until leeks have softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to small bowl.
- In a med bowl, whisk together milk and eggs, leeks and pepper.
- Pour unto crust.
- Arrange asparagus on top of milk mixture; sprinkle top with cheese.
- Bake until filling is set and golden on top, approx 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.