Recipe by bert
Make sure you wash the leeks well under cold running water to get rid of the grit in between all the layers.
Top Review by BonnieZ
I made this for lunch and we found this to be just ok, perhaps a bit to the bland side. I'm sorry I can't be more generous with my rating, but thank you for sharing the recipe Bert.
- 3 leeks, white &,pale parts only
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 5 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop leeks.
- Cut asparagus into 1 1/2" lengths; set aside.
- In large saucepan, heat oil over med heat and cook leeks, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes longer or until very soft.
- Stir in lemon rind; cook for 1 minute.
- Add asparagus, stock and 1 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- Remove and set aside 1 cup of the asparagus tips.
- In blender, puree remaining soup in batches until very smooth.
- (Soup can be covered and refrigerated up to 1 day.) Return soup to pot; reheat over low heat.
- Ladle into bowls; garnish with reserved asparagus tips.