Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here comes asparagus season and a new way to fix it! This seems putzy, but once you get it going it's quite easy. A salad, garlic bread, and a glass of white wine is all you need for a perfect dinner.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lb mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 lbs asparagus, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt 3 T butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms; cover and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add milk, cook, stirring until thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Spread some sauce on bottom of pan.
- Place 3 noodles on top, slightly overlapping.
- Lay half the asparagus, then half the cottage cheese, half the Jack cheese, 1/3 of the Parmesan and 1/3 the sauce.
- Repeat, end with noodles,then put the last 1/3 of sauce and on top of that the remaining Parmesan.
- Dot top with remaining butter.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover lasange.
- Increase temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake 15 minutes longer until golden and bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
One day I was making a vegie lasagna and I had extra asparagus in the frig. Well I thought I love asparagus so why not in lasagna! It was soooo good ;-D. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This was delicious!! Our company really enjoyed it too. :) Only things I did different was...I added a chicken bouillon (dry)cube to mushroom and onion sauteing in butter and I used half whipping cream and milk and added more black pepper to our taste. It was YUMMY! A keeper for sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)