1/1 Photo of Asparagus Lasagna
1 hr 30 mins
This is a GREAT recipe for celebrating the arrival of spring! The lemon makes it light and fresh-tasting and the flavor is so good...you won't even miss the meat! (Recipe was adapted from Canadian Living Magazine)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs asparagus
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Bend asparagus spears gently to snap off tough end.
- 2Cut tender parts into 1" pieces.
- 3Wash under cold running water.
- 4Shake off excess water and place in microwaveable container.
- 5Microwave on HI for 3 minutes (alternately, cook in boiling water for 3 minutes).
- 6Drain and rinse under cold water, drain again.
- 7Set aside 1 1/2 cups asparagus tips.
- 8In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 9Gradually whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 10Whisk in milk and stirring constantly, cook for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in cream cheese, lemon rind, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg until cheese is melted.
- 13Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water until tender (about 10 minutes).
- 14Place 3 noodles in a 13x9 baking dish.
- 15Spread with one cup sauce, then 1/4 of the asparagus (not including reserved tips), then 1/4 of the mozzarella.
- 16Repeat layers 3 more times then top with final layer of noodles and sauce.
- 17Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 18Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
- 19Sprinkle reserved asparagus tips over top.
- 20Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- 21Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.6
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 975.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 27.2 g