Recipe by alyseepoo
This came from allrecipes.com
Top Review by Ms B.
This was incredibly rich, but my Hubby enjoyed it. I did use butter instead of margarine (personal preference). The recipe didn't designate if the asparagus was to be cut into bite-sized pieces and I layered the long stems on the noodles and sauce. In the future, I would recommend chopping the asparagus to make serving easier. It was fairly simple to prepare, and we served with a spinach salad.
- 10 wide lasagna noodles
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 2 cups cooked ham
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and cut noodles in half.
- Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic just until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour until no lumps remain. Gradually mix in milk, and season with thyme.
- Simmer sauce gently until thick. Remove from heat.
- Grease a 9x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Layer noodles, sauce, asparagus, ham, and mozzarella cheese in three layers, each starting with noodles, and ending with shredded cheese on the top.
- Cover the dish and bake in oven at 350 until cooked through about 45min.