- 1 lb asparagus
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth (such as champagne, rice wine or cider ) or 1 tablespoon light vinegar (such as champagne, rice wine or cider )
- 2 scallions, minced (the white and 2/3 of the green)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim, blanch and chill asparagus.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients with salt to taste in a shallow dish.
- Add asparagus and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate 3 hours at room temperature or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Toss a few times during marination.