Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been entered for ZWT II & was found on the net courtesy of The Straits Cafe at: straitscafe.com. It is so easy to prepare & the name kinda says it all, doesn't it? Times have been estimated.
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml dark soy sauce
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml sesame seeds (toasted)
- Bend ea asparagus stalk till it snaps at its tenderest point.
- In a med-sized skillet, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add asparagus & reduce heat to med. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove asparagus w/a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
- Return the remaining water in the skillet to a boil & reduce liquid to about 2 tablespoons Add soy sauce, butter & cream. Stir & remove skillet from heat.
- Pour the cream sauce over the asparagus & garnish w/toasted sesame seeds.
Amazingly simple and delicious, but a warning....the sauce will disappear, so make double!! Now one of my favorite ways to prepare one of my favorite veggies. Thanks for sharing! Made for Football Tag 2014 at Yuku.
Simple and wonderful. So glad I chose this side dish for your Football Pool win. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
I love this recipe. My wife loves it also, which is more important!