Recipe by twissis
This recipe has been entered for ZWT II & was found on the net courtesy of The Straits Cafe at: straitscafe.com. It is so easy to prepare & the name kinda says it all, doesn't it? Times have been estimated.
Top Review by breezermom
Amazingly simple and delicious, but a warning....the sauce will disappear, so make double!! Now one of my favorite ways to prepare one of my favorite veggies. Thanks for sharing! Made for Football Tag 2014 at Yuku.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bend ea asparagus stalk till it snaps at its tenderest point.
- In a med-sized skillet, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add asparagus & reduce heat to med. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove asparagus w/a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
- Return the remaining water in the skillet to a boil & reduce liquid to about 2 tablespoons Add soy sauce, butter & cream. Stir & remove skillet from heat.
- Pour the cream sauce over the asparagus & garnish w/toasted sesame seeds.