Recipe by Annacia
A wonderful spring and summer side from down under. Found on aussiecooking.com
Top Review by Rita~
I added t teaspoon whole grain mustard and used 3 roasted garlic cloves. I also poured over string beans from the garden which I have lots of. I liked the tanginess of this. But needed to give a little heat so added a bunch of fresh cracked black pepper and a touch of salt. Made for ZWT # Thanks Mate!
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (nonfat or low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk or 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, woody bases snapped off and discarded
- poppy seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, buttermilk, sour cream and lemon peel.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Toss asparagus with garlic dressing mixture.
- Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds, if desired.