Pesto lover's Note:
This is a very tasty and colorful salad. You can omit the spinach if you like. You can use regular carrots, peeled and sliced medium thick instead of bagged baby carrots. If so, try to make your carrot slices and hearts of palm slices about the same thickness. There's never any left when I make this salad for parties, no matter how much I make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and spin dry the spinach leaves. Arrange on small platter.
- 2Snap stems off asparagus & steam or boil until tender-crisp. Don't over-cook!
- 3Steam or boil carrots until tender-crisp. Don't over-cook!
- 4Drain hearts of palm and rinse twice. Cut into medium sized slices.
- 5Mix asparagus, carrots and hearts of palm and arrange over spinach leaves.
- 6Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt & pepper together. Whisk well or put in blender.
- 7Drizzle over salad until all of it has a light coating.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus, Hearts of Palm and Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 312.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice wine vinegar