Recipe by Pesto lover
This is a very tasty and colorful salad. You can omit the spinach if you like. You can use regular carrots, peeled and sliced medium thick instead of bagged baby carrots. If so, try to make your carrot slices and hearts of palm slices about the same thickness. There's never any left when I make this salad for parties, no matter how much I make.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm
- 1 lb asparagus, don't use the very thin ones
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and spin dry the spinach leaves. Arrange on small platter.
- Snap stems off asparagus & steam or boil until tender-crisp. Don't over-cook!
- Steam or boil carrots until tender-crisp. Don't over-cook!
- Drain hearts of palm and rinse twice. Cut into medium sized slices.
- Mix asparagus, carrots and hearts of palm and arrange over spinach leaves.
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt & pepper together. Whisk well or put in blender.
- Drizzle over salad until all of it has a light coating.
- Serve immediately.