Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
This recipe is easy to adapt to whatever ingredients you have on hand. From Taste of Home April/May 2004.
- 8 fresh asparagus spears
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonspreadable chive & onion cream cheese
- 4 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put asparagus in skillet with 1/2" water. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3-5 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations.
- Spread cream cheese over each rectangle to within 1/4" of edges.
- Top each with ham, leaving 1/4" uncovered on one long side.
- Place two asparagus spears along the long side with the ham; roll up and press seam to seal.
- Cut each roll into seven pieces. Place cut side down 1" apart on greased baking sheets.
- Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over spirals.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
This went over very well at my house! We used bacon because that is what we had on hand. This is very kid friendly. Thank you!