Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
My DD got me a Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet cookbook, and this was a breakfast, though I can easily see it as a lunch too! Enjoy!
- 16 asparagus spears, fresh, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 8 ounces havarti cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 8 slices deli ham, thin sliced, we like brown sugar ham
- 16 chives, whole
- In a large skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the asparagus, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water till cool. Drain and pat dry.
- Place an asparagus spear, red pepper strip and cheese strip on each slicde of ham. Roll up tightly and "tie" with a chive.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Note - I don't like the crunch of raw pepper so I boiled mine with the asparagus, but the kids had theirs raw.