Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen cut asparagus, thawed, drained
- 1 lb ham, chopped
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 2 tablespoons dried vegetable flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In two greased 9-inch pie plates, layer asparagus, ham, cheese and onion.
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour half of egg mixture into each pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
Definately a keeper. I had plenty of fresh asparagus so I steamed it and used it instead of the frozen. Next time I would soften the onion before using. I could not find the dried vegetable pieces but I am sure it would make it much better.
My family LOVES this. It is light and fluffy plus quick and easy to make. I never had liked the traditional crust on quiche, so having my carbs in the mix instead of the crust was a bonus. I have made this several times, and everyone always likes it