Recipe by Rita~
Thanks to Michael Allemeier recipe. I was looking for Halloumi recipes and came up with this!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Very, Very, Delicious! I had some halloumi left over from one of the previous rounds and this was the perfect recipe to finish it with. The asparagus was crispy tender, the cheese nice and mellow, and the toasted pine nuts finished it off perfectly. Thnx for sharing your recipe, ~Rita~. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds of ZWT 6.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 lb halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons well seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap the stems off the asparagus so that you are left with the green, edible parts.
- Drop the asparagus into boiling water for about 4 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Set the asparagus aside to drip dry.
- Unwrap the halloumi and pat it dry.
- Slice it into eight slices and press it into the seasoned flour to coat.
- Put the olive oil in a pan to heat and when it is hot, slide in the halloumi cheese slices.
- Cook for a minute per side, until a golden colour.
- Mix up the olive oil, parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve the asparagus with the warm halloumi and the dressing drizzled over the top.
- Scatter the pine nuts over the plate.
- Dressing: Mix up the olive oil, parsley and lemon juice.