Recipe by Sharon123
What a great twist on regular guacamole! You could use sour cream instead pf plain yogurt. Feel free to experiment! Have fun!
Top Review by joop
I had oodles of asparagus to use and came across this great recipe. I'm vegan so made the following changes. No yogurt--subbed in 2 T plain hummus. Also left out the oregano and cayenne going for a more traditional guacamole flavor. WOW! Crazy cool how great this tastes with just a tiny fraction of the calories and fat of regular guacamole. We'll be making this "Not-camole" a lot I'm sure. THANKS!
- 453.59 g asparagus spear, cut into 1 inch lengths (2 cups)
- 177.44 ml water
- 29.58 ml plain yogurt (or low fat)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 29.58 ml sliced green onions
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced (add more if you so desire!)
- 2.46 ml dried oregano leaves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine asparagus and water in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Blot asparagus with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Combine asparagus, yogurt and lemon juice in food processor or blender.
- Process till smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine asparagus mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Chill, if desired.
- Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.