1/1 Photo of Asparagus Guacamole
What a great twist on regular guacamole! You could use sour cream instead pf plain yogurt. Feel free to experiment! Have fun!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus spear, cut into 1 inch lengths (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (or low fat)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced (add more if you so desire!)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1Combine asparagus and water in a 2 quart saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- 3Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- 4Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 5Blot asparagus with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- 6Combine asparagus, yogurt and lemon juice in food processor or blender.
- 7Process till smooth.
- 8In a medium mixing bowl, combine asparagus mixture and remaining ingredients.
- 9Chill, if desired.
- 10Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 56.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g