What a great twist on regular guacamole! You could use sour cream instead pf plain yogurt. Feel free to experiment! Have fun!
- 1 lb asparagus spear, cut into 1 inch lengths (2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (or low fat)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced (add more if you so desire!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine asparagus and water in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Blot asparagus with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Combine asparagus, yogurt and lemon juice in food processor or blender.
- Process till smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine asparagus mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Chill, if desired.
- Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.