An alternative veggie accoutrement to your traditional holiday feast -- spread this delicious dip on bread during your Easter meal, or spice up a piece of matzo during the Passover holidays.(from weightwatchers.ca)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place asparagus into food processor and purée until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.
- Yields 1/4 cup per serving.