Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple to prepare and lovely to look at asparagus tart, perfect for an Easter brunch or any time! Posting for safe keeping! Source: Canadian Living Magazine
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or grease well.
- Steam asparagus in a steamer or on a rack in a skillet until tender-crisp, takes about 3 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pan and chill in cold water to stop cooking; pat dry and set aside.
- Roll out each pastry sheet to fit the baking sheet, place on prepared pans.
- Spread evenly with mustard, leaving 1 inch border around the edges.
- Arrange asparagus, side by side and alternating ends, on the mustard; sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with milk; lightly brush over the pastry border.
- Bake in oven, rotating pans halfway through, until puffed and golden. Cheese should be bubbly in about 18 minutes.
- To serve: cut each tart into 6 pieces, serve warm or cold.
WOW! We loved this easy tart! We love Gruyere and it melts superbly. I used it as a side dish with ham and everyone was impressed! Made for Let's Party tag.
Great reviews from Easter guests. Quick, easy and a wonderful appetizer or side dish!
Oh Elly you saved my life today, I had to come up with an easy recipe to make a special in the restaurant with Asparagus and Gruyere, made this and it was a real hit,followed recipe as is - no alterations - perfect. Thank You xx. Made as well for Zaar tag holiday.