1/1 Photo of Asparagus Gruyere Tart
Elly in Canada's Note:
A simple to prepare and lovely to look at asparagus tart, perfect for an Easter brunch or any time! Posting for safe keeping! Source: Canadian Living Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or grease well.
- 2Steam asparagus in a steamer or on a rack in a skillet until tender-crisp, takes about 3 minutes.
- 3Immediately remove from pan and chill in cold water to stop cooking; pat dry and set aside.
- 4Roll out each pastry sheet to fit the baking sheet, place on prepared pans.
- 5Spread evenly with mustard, leaving 1 inch border around the edges.
- 6Arrange asparagus, side by side and alternating ends, on the mustard; sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
- 7In a small bowl, beat egg with milk; lightly brush over the pastry border.
- 8Bake in oven, rotating pans halfway through, until puffed and golden. Cheese should be bubbly in about 18 minutes.
- 9To serve: cut each tart into 6 pieces, serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Gruyere Tart
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.0
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.2 g