Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Lots of flavor. These are very addictive. Once you had one you'll eat them all. You can eat these hot or cold. And you can try any veggies you like.
- 3 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8-1⁄3 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced finely
- 1⁄4 inch fresh ginger, grated
- black pepper
- chili pepper flakes
- Put all marinade ingredients into a zip-lock bag shake and add asparagus and marinate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Remove from marinade, cook on a hot grill about 5 minutes just till lightly browned.
- Turning often.
- Optional: Heat the marinade and pour over the grilled asparagus.
Yummy! We really enjoyed these. I'm still grilling even though it is raw and chilly out, and I might add dark too. I used soda straw sized asparagus, so I didn't leave them on the grill very long as I was afraid of scorching them. But they were done just right. Made for the VIP in Veg 'n Swap tag.
Really good! I took these along to a Christmas BBQ and received many compliments. I love the flavor of sesame oil so used the full quantity and it tasted great with a wonderful aroma while cooking.
So good! I enjoyed all the flavors and will make again. Thanks Rita! Made for being VIP in the Vegetarian swap, April 2012.