Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Another delicious way to serve my favorite vegetable!
Top Review by Sauce Lover
These are good and really simple. Make sure that your asparagus is cooked because putting them under the broiler only melts the cheese. I used mozarrella and freshly grated parmesan as thats what I had.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 6 slices prosciutto or 6 slices deli ham
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and wash the asparagus.
- In a pot a simmering water, cook the asparagus about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Divide asparagus into 6 equal bundles. Wrap 1 slice of the meat around each bundle and place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the breadcrumbs to the butter and mix. Cook for 1 minute. Pour this mixture over the bundles. Top with the shredded Gruyere.
- Broil until cheese lightly browns, about 1 minute.