Another delicious way to serve my favorite vegetable!
Make and share this Asparagus Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Trim and wash the asparagus.
- In a pot a simmering water, cook the asparagus about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Divide asparagus into 6 equal bundles. Wrap 1 slice of the meat around each bundle and place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the breadcrumbs to the butter and mix. Cook for 1 minute. Pour this mixture over the bundles. Top with the shredded Gruyere.
- Broil until cheese lightly browns, about 1 minute.
These are good and really simple. Make sure that your asparagus is cooked because putting them under the broiler only melts the cheese. I used mozarrella and freshly grated parmesan as thats what I had.
O My-O My,Lvs2cook, this is exceptional!!!! I couldn't find Gruyere, so I used Baby Swiss. DELICIOUS. I'd give it 10********** if I could. Really would impress guests. I fixed these up to the broil stage; made my entree; then broiled these and BINGO. Everything came together perfectly.Thanks for being my P-A-C. Caroline