Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The original recipe says this makes "2", but it will easily serve 4.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat pasta or 1⁄2 lb spinach linguine
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pan of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat.
- Peel the asparagus stalks and trim the ends.
- Cut the stalks into 2-inch pieces.
- Blanch in boiling water 3 minutes or until bright green and crisp-tender when tested with a small knife.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the asparagus and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook according to the label directions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Blend in the flour with a whisk.
- add the broth and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Blend in the goat cheese and the lemon peel.
- Toss the spaghetti with the asparagus, sauce and half the Parmesan.
- Serve with the remaining Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.