Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from A Gondola On The Murray recipes. Enjoy
- 16 stalks asparagus
- olive oil
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Trim and wash the asparagus and cut into small pieces.
- Fry in butter and a touch of olive oil, gently until soft.
- Use a pan that you can place in the oven.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, and mix with parmesan cheese, cream, salt and pepper.
- When well mixed pour over the asparagus.
- Stir gently with a fork over a low flame, until you see the bottom of the frittata beginning to form.
- At this point place the pan in the oven where the frittata will cook in about 10 minutes, try not to overcook.
- Remove from the oven, run a spatula around the edges of the pan, tip it upside-down on a tray and then upside-down again onto a suitable plate.
This was a good recipe to build on. I did think it needed more flavor, so I added 1/2 tsp. of basil and topped it with mozzerella when it was done. This is a good recipe, but I really like it with some personal touches.
A lovely frittata - thanks for posting recipe. As I do not have an oven proof pan, I fried the asparagus, mixed all the other ingredients and put into a shallow pie dish and then baked in oven. Worked a treat and made a fantastic brunch!
good frittata, loved the asparagus/parmesan flavour. Just made half a recipe for the two of us and still had leftovers! we loved it and will make it again but we found it just a tiny bit heavy, it did puff up but fell and became a little heavy. Not sure why, but as I said the flavour was great! Thanks for posting!