Recipe by Terese
This is from A Gondola On The Murray recipes. Enjoy
Top Review by chef_cmontes
This was a good recipe to build on. I did think it needed more flavor, so I added 1/2 tsp. of basil and topped it with mozzerella when it was done. This is a good recipe, but I really like it with some personal touches.
- 16 stalks asparagus
- olive oil
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Trim and wash the asparagus and cut into small pieces.
- Fry in butter and a touch of olive oil, gently until soft.
- Use a pan that you can place in the oven.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, and mix with parmesan cheese, cream, salt and pepper.
- When well mixed pour over the asparagus.
- Stir gently with a fork over a low flame, until you see the bottom of the frittata beginning to form.
- At this point place the pan in the oven where the frittata will cook in about 10 minutes, try not to overcook.
- Remove from the oven, run a spatula around the edges of the pan, tip it upside-down on a tray and then upside-down again onto a suitable plate.