Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Stole this recipe from a friend of mine and made it for Christmas Morning instead of my mom's regular scrambled eggs. Easy to make, and it was a big hit.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 7 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the asparagus tips and microwave on high for one minute.
- Cut the asparagus stalks into one inch pieces.
- Dice the red bell pepper.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Shred the basil leaves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and cold water together.
- Coat a large oven-proof pan with cooking spray, and then heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus stalks, mushrooms, and peppers and saute for two to three minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt, red pepper flakes, and basil over the vegetables.
- Add the egg mixture to the vegetables.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the frittata.
- Arrange the asparagus tips over the frittata.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the frittata.
- Cook on the stove top for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Place in oven and cook another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Slice into wedge pieces and serve hot.