Stole this recipe from a friend of mine and made it for Christmas Morning instead of my mom's regular scrambled eggs. Easy to make, and it was a big hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Cut off the asparagus tips and microwave on high for one minute.
- 3Cut the asparagus stalks into one inch pieces.
- 4Dice the red bell pepper.
- 5Slice the mushrooms.
- 6Shred the basil leaves.
- 7In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and cold water together.
- 8Coat a large oven-proof pan with cooking spray, and then heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 9Add the asparagus stalks, mushrooms, and peppers and saute for two to three minutes.
- 10Sprinkle the salt, red pepper flakes, and basil over the vegetables.
- 11Add the egg mixture to the vegetables.
- 12Sprinkle half the cheese over the frittata.
- 13Arrange the asparagus tips over the frittata.
- 14Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the frittata.
- 15Cook on the stove top for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- 16Place in oven and cook another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- 17Slice into wedge pieces and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 250.4 mg
- Sodium 351.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: