Recipe by cookiedog
A recipe for springtime from the San Francisco Chronicle.
Top Review by bluesladi61
I changed out the cheddar cheese and replaced it with 4tbspn of ricotta whole milk cheese, blended gently with a fork and right before serving placed under broiler ( making sure pan handle is not.in oven) until litely browned. Major differnce on taste - that is the Italian method.
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grated cheese, such as cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bring a large skillet of salted water to a boil.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain and plunge in ice water to stop cooking immediately. When cool, cut asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat eggs and blend with cheese, asparagus and salt.
- When butter is melted, reduce heat to medium-low and add eggs to skillet.
- Cook until bottom is set, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until top is set. Or broil for a brown top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.