Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Crispy asparagus served in a champagne flute with the dipping sauce on the bottom. Elegant appetizer or terrific part of a tapas menu.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water about 2 minutes.
- Immediately drain and put asparagus in ice water to stop cooking.
- This will help keep a slight crunch to the asparagus and keep it bright.
- Dry asparagus thoroughly with paper towels.
- Use a little of the reduced fat mayonnaise to coat each asparagus spear, then roll in panko breadcrumbs.
- You can refrigerate at this point if needed.
- Mix mayonnaise and chipotle together with a whisk or in blender.
- Use 1-2 depending on how spicy you like it.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil heat to 370 F in a frying pan, put in asparagus but don't crowd.
- Turn to brown on all sides.
- Drop some dip into the bottom of a champagne flute, add 3-5 asparagus and serve.