Pennee Parker's Note:
Crispy asparagus served in a champagne flute with the dipping sauce on the bottom. Elegant appetizer or terrific part of a tapas menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch asparagus in boiling water about 2 minutes.
- 2Immediately drain and put asparagus in ice water to stop cooking.
- 3This will help keep a slight crunch to the asparagus and keep it bright.
- 4Dry asparagus thoroughly with paper towels.
- 5Use a little of the reduced fat mayonnaise to coat each asparagus spear, then roll in panko breadcrumbs.
- 6You can refrigerate at this point if needed.
- 7Mix mayonnaise and chipotle together with a whisk or in blender.
- 8Use 1-2 depending on how spicy you like it.
- 9Heat about 1 inch of oil heat to 370 F in a frying pan, put in asparagus but don't crowd.
- 10Turn to brown on all sides.
- 11Drop some dip into the bottom of a champagne flute, add 3-5 asparagus and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Fries With Smoky Chipotle Mayonnaise Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 137.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo